14 Apr 2013

Selina Lake "Pretty Pastel Style" inspired recycled drawers

I've recently been reading extracts from Selina Lakes new "Pretty Pastel Style" book. It inspired my colour theme when revamping some old drawers that had grown tired and dull. I hoard paint! I mixed a very bright pink with white until I created a pastel shade.
"BEFORE" The dull drawers!
I needed some extra storage in my kitchen, but am limited for space, so wanted one tall unit. I planned to stack 2 units on top of each other, so first had to remove the legs off each unit.
I've always wanted a wardrobe with "fabric curtains on the doors" like an old French armoire! Until I have one though, I thought I'd experiment on a smaller scale on my drawers! I hammered out the plastic drawer fronts, ready to hang some fabric there instead! 
With plastic fronts bashed out of the unit, I applied the first of several coats of paint.
 
Making "mini" curtains for the drawer fronts using vintage-y looking floral fabric!
Fabric inserted into the drawers!
Finished! Complete with pastel bread bin!
AFTER! I stacked the drawers on top of drawers I'd re-worked last year!