13 Aug 2012

"Granny" cushions!

I had old sofa covers that once belonged to my granny. I thought it would be a nice idea to recycle the fabric and make a cushion for each of her grandchildren. Cutting up and ironing...
I loved the wild rose print and the deep colours (although some parts were very faded with age and years of sunlight) The linen fabric was easy to sew and perfect for cushion covers.I inserted a hidden zip.
The first finished cushion..just 5 more to go!
3 more to go...
Finished and being closely guarded by OT!
I added a home-made gift tag to each cushion, upcycling those wee ribbon hanging hoops you find in clothes that always seem to poke out. I always cut them off and pop in my ribbon jar!
Each cushion was wrapped in 2 shades of tissue paper, then brown paper, then posted!
"Granny" cushions!