19 May 2012

"Havasu Point" by Margaret Crowther

Our family has always loved Margaret Crowthers magnificent artwork. I have recently been lucky enough to have been given my very own special weaving as a gift from my mum.
I shared with Margaret some initial ideas about textures, colours and shapes that I liked, including seaweed from Dún Laoghaire, OTs coat, Coral from Bali and litchen on a boulder in MacRitchie Reservoir Park, Singapaore. 
After months of sketching, hand dying sisal and paper and intricately weaving individual pieces, Margaret unveiled the artwork in her inspirational home. I was so happy and speechless when I saw the magnificent weaving!

The weaving had to be transported from Manchester to London. Margaret made a bespoke box and even the carrying handle was beautiful.(I've kept this!)
Our lovely family friend Shelagh delivered the weaving. Even the back was stunning!




The very special "Havasu Point" hanging on my wall. It feels as if it has always lived in my home!