28 Apr 2012

The "Pimlico charity shop triangle"

I've only recently discovered this cluster of well-stocked charity shops in fashionable Pimlico! The outlets are conveniently located close together in a triangle - perfect for a quick rummage!     
Each shop is full of good as new designer labels, high street and vintage pieces at baragain prices! The Trinity Hospice shop on Wilton Road also sells new wool. I opted for a Monsoon linen jacket for £4 which looks brand new! The shop is hosting its next special vintage evening on 31 May 2012.
This FARA Retromania is a gem of a shop round the corner on Upper Tatchbrook Street. Stocking purely vintage fashion from Vivien Westwood to 1920's ball gowns and a basement packed full of home ware and other tempting retro goodies...
...I was good and only bought an old fashioned soap bowl! Retromanias sister shop on Warwick way feels like a stylish boutique, stocking designer labels. I saw a pair of pretty Miu Miu shoes waiting to be snatched up....

....but I decided to pass on designer labels and indulged in this delicate pink, spanish lace detail 1960s bed jacket that I'll wear with my jeans. A snip at £3!
There was a very funky atmosphere in The Crusaid shop on Charlwood Street. They stock a huge selection of books and LPs at the back of the shop and play tunes whilst you browse. Nice bitses are also on sale - I almost bought another glass decanter for my bubble bath, but my hands were full with my chicken kebab (An added bonus - I had to walk through the gorgeous food market on Tachbrook street to reach this shop!) Although a few minutes outside the "triangle", The Cardinal Hume Charity shop on Horseferry street is worth a visit too - some nice glass was on sale the day I was there.
All of these shops are on Warwick way. I only bought a card from Oxfam, but was nearly seduced in the basement downstairs by some lovely fabric and frames and loved their hamper basket upstairs with neatly folded mens ties for £3! Hospices of Hope sold new items also and some second hand furniture - I was very fond of an old captains wooden chair - but just a little too big to carry home with me on this trip! I also spied a brand new pair of Hobbs ballet pumps but not my size unfortunately! Sue Ryder had a lovely selection of well laundered clothes donated by stylish Pimlico folk.

"The Pimlico-charity-triangle" is a top destination for anyone who loves
 rummaging for vinatge and second hand bargains!