28 Jan 2012

Freed of London

There has been a baby boom amongst my friends. I always secretly hope they will have little girls so I can go to one of my favourite shops in London to buy them ballet shoes! The recent birth of my friends beautiful baby prompted another visit...
...Freed of London was founded in 1929 by the shoe maker Frederik Freed...it is now the leading distributor of predominantly hand-made pointe-shoes for ballet and are the official suplier for the Royal Ballet School and official manufacturers of the uniform for the Royal Academy of Dance ....

...I love the old shop fittings stuffed full of dance shoes and the distinctive green and gold bags....

...which match the plush velvet seating and wooden wall panels, lined with paintings, drawings and photos of dancers. There is a unique atmosphere in this charming and quaintly old-fashioned boutique!