26 Jun 2011

Lingerie and silk stockings!

I love upcycling furniture. The plainer & duller the better, as the end result is more satisfying! Unfortunately, the gorgeous chest of drawers that I found at an antique fair, would not fit through the slim front door of my lily pad! Therefore, I was forced to buy a soul-less, modern flat-pack item, which I then slowly transformed.
Before
The design was inspired by the "Great Gatsby"; I loosely wanted to create a feminine, Victorian-meets-1920's boudoir piece - something lush to put lingerie and silks stockings in!!  
After:
Farrow & Ball paint used
to cover all traces of the blue wood stain
Detail:
William Morris wallpaper
Antiquer drawer knobs

Would you like a bespoke piece of furniture? Lush commissions taken.
Please contact Sinéad at balmyhaystack@gmail.com